Gutter Guards – Solving Problems
Snow & Ice
The eavestrough becomes deformed under the weight of snow and ice, leading to increased risks of water infiltration.
Pine & Needles
No doubt the worst enemy of your gutters and downspouts.
It is common to have to use a shovel to remove big debris.
Items & Debris
Risking your life on a ladder to get the kid’s toys, a classic. Nobody likes these bad surprises when cleaning their eavestroughs.
The Cost of Ignoring your Eavestroughs
Leaking gutters can be a costly problem. The purpose of your eavestrough is to direct water away from your windows, siding, foundation, and other parts of your home.
If your gutters are leaking, that means they are not doing their job properly, which unfortunately could result in:
- Water pooling near the foundation, which could cause damage to your foundations or cracks
- If water gathers along the sides of your home, this could lead to your basement flooding
- Damage to the roof and fascia, which could cause roof problems and wood rot
- If your gutters start to sag off or even fall off, this could cause damage to your roof, soffit, and fascia
- When water stops flowing inside your eavestroughs and is not draining properly, this could lead to freezing which in turn, clogged gutters, causes overflowing, and could lead to animal and insects infestations
- Damaged siding
- Soil erosion
- Cracked and water-damaged driveways
- Stains on concrete and siding
The simple solution is to have your eavestroughs replaced or to do a Gutter Guard Installation in the Kitchener Waterloo Region to prevent leaking gutter causing extreme damage to your home. If the problem got as bad as soil erosion or a cracked foundation this could eventually cause your home to shift and lead to long-term foundation problems. Which are notoriously expensive to fix.
To prevent this type of financial disaster, it is much easier and much more affordable to clean your gutters or have them replaced. Save your money and look for gutters for sale
Kitchener – Waterloo Region and the Weather
An additional problem is that Kitchener, Waterloo and Cambridge go through four different seasons. When the temperatures drop below zero if the water isn’t able to flow the water can turn to ice which will cause the eavestroughs to expand and eventually start to sag off your home. Leaving these issues unattended could end up casuing a very expensive home repair.